Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

5 Important Life Questions.

     




     My recent all out search for the proper Yoga training has been filled with endless days of surfing the net.  Each training I come to contains parts that fit and others that just seem like useless worldly babel to take my money.  So the search continues.  Shall it be Hawaii, Florida, Colorado or California?  Yes I seem to have narrowed it down to those few locations.  

     In my search I stumbled upon a subject of interest from years ago that I can still remember thinking, “if I ever had the chance, I would do THAT!”   it is Tibetan Bon Buddhist, YANTRA YOGA.  This particular type of yoga teacher training is very ancient dating back to the 8th century.  How many times have you been to a yoga class and felt like you just didn’t get what you expected on a spiritual level?  No, I’m not Buddhist, but I’m not anything but everything.  I do respect each teaching and feel led in this way.  Yantra Yoga is a combining of asana, breath and chanting.  It uses Sacred Geometry, astrology and numerology in an combined effort toward mystical yoga.  In my research I also stumbled across five amazing questions from a teaching by the Ligmincha Institution, The True Source of Healing.  I started reading about the elements and each question was a light going off, truly an…AHA moment.  

     I know the teachings are buddhist by design but we can loan them to all the parts of our lives and be gifted a wonderful teaching, healing light of truth.  I especially think when these questions are asked regarding our relations with others they can open doors we otherwise would have missed.  I believe our relationships are our purpose.  Relationship to the divine, relationship to our families, friends, places and the world.  We are ultimately  here for each other, like it or not.  In understanding the collective tone, healing relationships should be always a priority.  Here are the questions below.  I only ask that you think upon each one and let it resonate with your heart.  Seek to not blame another, but to know your own soul.  These questions could be asked in relation to anything in your life, not just people, but jobs and places and other areas you might feel a heaviness.  Know that if you answer no to any of the questions, then the opposite probably rings true in your life.  If you can’t connect then you feel lonely, ungrounded, etc…  


Am I able to connect, to feel a part of?  (This is the earth element).

Do I have a sense of ease and comfort? (This is the water element).

Am I enthusiastic and excited about my life? (This is the fire element).

Do I have movement, growth/ Transformation? (This is the air element).

Do I have tensions or feel closed up inside, smothered? (This is the element of space).

I will continue my search and keep you updated when I can.  Love and light to you all.

-xoxo
Teresa Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment