Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

Yes, I am thankful!

So Ok, the weekend was fun.  More fun than the Tennessee vs Missouri football game, was getting to spend time with my cousin and his wife Lena.  These two are really cool young people and they make me laugh.  My cousin David, well… he’s seen his fair share of long hard roads and Lena has walked everyone of them right beside him.  They have a gift.  it’s honest and it’s fun and they just make you feel good to be around them.  They have so many really cool things going on in their lives and so so much to look forward to.  I see a work in Davids life that just proves the validity of God.  I have a few people who’s lives just prove and prove and prove the existence of the good Lord.  His is one.  it’s not that he’s anymore special than you or me or anyone else.  He does nothing any different and wrestles with the same things we all do and falls sometimes.  What it is though, is that he’s still standing.  Still standing and still alive and still passionate about so many things.  There is this will that is present in his being that amazes me and tickles me at the same time.  Then there is  Lena.  Her spirit is playful and when she smiles her whole face lights up.  She hopes for so many good things and God willing, they will come.   I am thankful I got to spend a little time with them.

Sunday It rained but it was nice to get out with Dre.  When we get stir crazy we always go for a drive.  So even in the rain it was refreshing to see the trees and the country roads that always take me back to my roots.  I always remember growing up in Dalton when Dalton was country and there were actual dirt roads and my mama taking us blackberry picking.  All of us kids with no shoes most of the time on hot summer days.  My brother and me always looking for a swimming hole or anything we could make or do.  If anyone ever asks me what growing up with a brother with a 151 IQ was like… well it was busy and full of crazy stuff.   I always wished bug, Justin and JC could have had that kind of time together.  Life is good though because we learn and live exactly where we are.  Going through something rough is pretty scary at the time, but when it’s over and you look back, you realize it was nothing and not near as big as what you could face tomorrow.  So enjoy life.  Just remember… (Joy is strength).

So, for my cousin Michelle who wishes the family was always closer, I think about you all the time and always pray you easy days.  For Beth who struggles and is facing a major surgery that will hopefully change her life for the better, your on my mind.  My aunt Judy who wakes up everyday and is so calm no matter what life gives her, I remember your laugh.  You laughed a lot when I was little.  My aunt Diane, Aunt Peggy, all my uncles who have their own hard roads… I see you out there!  My sweet friend Angie from Chatsworth that will always pull my heart strings, Gods love to you sweet girl!   I’ve seen the Lord move in some pretty miraculous ways.  In the life of my friend Donald who would be the last person you ever would have thought would get his crap straight to Mikey who despite his roads, has a warriors heart.  Never ever gives up.  For sweet little Juliet who has reason and creativity bursting from her seams, I just can’t wait to see your life.  For bug who flitters around like a butterfly, gentle, quiet and just beautiful.  For Justin who is finding his own way, standing tall and proud and JC who has so much patience I would have exploded by now.  For Christopher Walker who my prayers follow and to Chris keener who just had the most beautiful baby on earth.  For Haley.  Lord just keep that girl safe! :)  For my Aunt Jean and that she may never know such aloneness without family until she goes on to be with the Lord.  We just don’t remember our elders enough.  There are so many more that pass in my thinking everyday. 

I hope I never forget the joy of a simple visit with a family member or friend.  I hope I never put my work or my own life ahead of someone else who needs a little time.  I would hate to wake up one day and realize I could have had way more than I chose.  I hope no matter life and how it happens at the end of the day, my kids, my family, my friends know and understand…my door is always open.  I hope even though the holidays seem crazy and hard to handle, I still find time to be excited about giving to another.  I am thankful.  I don’t have everything in life figured out yet but these things I do.  
peace,
xoxo, Teresa Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment