Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Recycled Art

Greetings everbody!
It's been a few since I've been able to post, my apologies.  Today I am back with an art project that I created for my new bedroom makeover.  I had this painting that did not go with the modern vibe any where in my house.  I used an old painting and made it modern and added the needed texture for my white bedroom wall.



 First you need a good primer that will cover the oil paint.  This worked perfectly!



 Cover the painting with the primer and let dry for a few.  Make sure you get the edges around the painting as well or they will show when you hang it on the wall.


 Take an old sheet or piece of fabric and rip into strips.  I used an old flannel sheet for mine.  This takes a minute but is fairly easy to do.  After you get the fabric in strips, you just rip off smaller shorter sections and hot glue to the canvas.


 My helpers....  <<<< I just had to include them >>>>>>>


 ...and we are all done!  Cant wait to see it on the wall.


Another after pic that really looks good on my white wall.  There are other pieces that I will be adding as the bedroom moves along.  Stay tuned!  

-xoxo  -Teresa Ann






2 comments: