Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Weekly Online Finds.

So the week is winding to an end and the weekend is on the horizon.  All week I have been eyeing a few things online and I am sharing them here. 

My sweet friend Tamara is getting married next fall.  I have been trying to think of a cool congratulations gift and a card.  Sugar Paper out of  Los Angeles, CA has the best individual cards, (among other things).  The search continues for just the right gift cause she's worth it!

One of my favorite blogs is by Lauren Conrad and she has a site called "The Little Market".  It is an absolutely wonderful site that promotes female artisans in helping them support their families.  There are some wonderful pieces here and one of my favs Lauren mentions on her website is the blush tray.  This would go perfectly in my bedroom to hold my iPad, notebook and glasses.

Big surprise field trip coming up to the Z Gallerie at Atlantic Station so stay tuned for that.   Hopefully this just might be the place to find that perfect gift!

I leave you with this...
Everyone knows I always have my children on my mind and no matter what the days bring, I am never far from them, though they be far from me.  Days sometime bring moments of silence between two people and only space and time can be the medicine needed to mend a broken thing.  So this week in my quiet I went back to an old familiar place in poetry where thoughts were struck with deeper meaning and a remembrance that today is fleeting all the while.  I found this poem and loved it because it was so real...so raw and full of strength for whatever life brings.  Even a little hope. 

By Langston Hughes 1902–1967 Langston Hughes
 
Well, son, I’ll tell you:
Life for me ain’t been no crystal stair.
It’s had tacks in it,
And splinters,
And boards torn up,
And places with no carpet on the floor—
Bare.
But all the time
I’se been a-climbin’ on,
And reachin’ landin’s,
And turnin’ corners,
And sometimes goin’ in the dark
Where there ain’t been no light.
So boy, don’t you turn back.
Don’t you set down on the steps
’Cause you finds it’s kinder hard.
Don’t you fall now—
For I’se still goin’, honey,
I’se still climbin’,
And life for me ain’t been no crystal stair.
Share this text ...?

    

No comments:

Post a Comment