Pages

Monday, December 8, 2014

A little yoga tonight.

I've been meaning to purchase this DVD called "Shiva Rae, Yoga Trance Dance", for a while now to help me get motivated.   I've been a little intimidated to return to yoga even though I need it now more than ever.  I see my mat sitting in the corner as I walk by and I know it's calling.  Today this DVD found it's way to my doorstep.  It just might save my life, lol.  Shiva Rae is my most favorite yoga teacher and I can't wait to try this in my home practice.

Another favorite mentor that I've loved to hear speak all through the years as I practiced yoga is Sean Corn.  She has a way with words and I love most anyone that does.  She has a prayer that I've used many many times in my meditation and in my practice.  It's just beautiful so I thought I would share it here today.


"...We give thanks for the air that we breathe, for our bodies, so capable and strong, and to all of life that sustains, nourishes and nurtures. May we remain present in our body and mind and continue to grow, learn and expand our consciousness so as to know our highest Self. May we commit to observing our reactivity and breathe more fully and completely in times of conflict. May we stay grounded so that the choices we make are influenced by our mindfulness and compassion. May we see beyond reason, heal beyond belief, love beyond barriers. May we surrender to this deep work, commit to the beauty of our awakening souls and celebrate the bond of breath that binds all of us-- you, me, this planet and spirit as one."



Tomorrow is my first yoga class after a year away.  I'm nervous with a monkey mind and a little disappointed in myself that it's taken this long for me to get back on my mat. My spine is stiff and I need that fluid energy to wake me up.  What better way than in a room with thirty people who are experts.  The ego is crazy right?  It says, this used to be you better than the teacher and now you are them that's being taught.  It will make me better though and a little push never hurt.  Motivation takes effort.  This is my effort!  

Goodnight world,
-Teresa Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment