Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

Dis-Moi Cherie!

Happy Monday morning everybody!
I was never so glad to see a Friday as I was this one past.  A busy week at work and at home and absolutely ready for the weekend.  Andre and I decided that we were not going to sit in the house this winter.  So to kick off our commitment to brave the cold of winter we decided to go for a hike here in the Chattanooga area on Signal Mountain.  I have posted pics of this particular trail at Point Park.  It's one of the more strenuous hikes totaling about six miles round trip but it's definitely worth it.  The view alone is amazing.

This is me, it's cold but I'm ready!  See Tennessee River in the background.  


We picked the best day with the sun shining, no wind and extremely clear with no cloud cover. 
Shall we begin?


A marker on the trail that we always stop at and play.  Times past we have the kids with us and they love this area.  You can walk through from one side to the other.  I love this trail because of the diversity.  It's extremely rocky which makes you bend and move differently than on some.  This is Dre fighting the sun in his face.  We are not used to the pretty sunshine during the winter here. 


How far we have come!  You can see the rock out-cropping which becomes more and more as you go track further.  Inclines and crossing creeks, up and down we go.  


A small break, water and a selfie.  Tess -n- Dre! 


Along the trail are a some really nice lookouts.  Really peaceful areas.  


Back on the trail again.  We get to see things in the winter that the summer hides with it's leaves. 


Another marker and we are just about to the bridge.


One thing I have learned,  is one person at a time across the swinging bridge.  Thanks to my brother for my PTSD of swinging bridges. :)


We must have had some rainfall on top usually in the summer this is a lot higher. 


There she is folks, what lies behind us as we venture on to the main lookout. Maybe half way there. 




This is a retirement community in the mountains.  They have these really cool bells that ring and you can here them for forever. 


I found color!  So pretty through this area.  Nothing but these red blooms.  In the spring and summer this area is really fragrant and bees are everywhere.  They don't bother you though.  They seem to live just fine with the butterflies as well. 


Now we are on the other side where there is way more sunshine. 



We made it! So so so pretty!  Definitely better than sitting at home or Christmas shopping.  Take time people.  You don't get days like this everyday. 



Taking in some sun and peaceful reflection. 


Can't I just stay here forever? 

A few pics of all our hard work to get here.  



Just lovely. 


It was a fine day on Signal and I am so glad we decided to take the time and hike this trail today.  Absolutely one of my most favorite things to do no matter where I am.  I'm up here and the world is down there.  

peace, 
-Teresa Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment