Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas in Charleston, S.C.


Hello Charleston and goodbye 2014! 

     This year all the babies were spastically missing here and there with plans of their own.  On the offset of feeling lonely without them and celebrating my anniversary, I decided to book a trip to warm, sunny Charleston, S.C.  What a lovely idea it was!  We began our visit on King St.  Anyone who's anyone knows that King Street is the best place in the south to shop.  


     Headed to "Isle of the Palms", driving with the windows down, we smell all sorts of foods and the bright sun is so welcoming to my soul.  To top it off, love the local sounds on the street corners.  A true reminiscent of authentic old south.  You just can't beat it. 



     I once upon a time lived in Savannah, GA which isn't too far from Charleston.  Bridges are a big thing!  Savannah, Charleston and New Orleans have some of the coolest! 



     Pulling over to say hello the waters edge and to stretch our legs.  Such a different world from Chattanooga, TN.  I don't think there is a winter down here.  Trees still leafy and grass as green as our sweetest summer.  



     I sort of have a thing for parks.  Especially parks with huge trees sitting beside the sea.  :)




     Here we are, happy to be out of the car and more happy to be at the end of the earth!




     The view from our hotel room.  I could stay here forever.  I left the door open and the sound of the ocean rocked me like a baby to the sweetest sleep ever.  




     This is my walk to the waters edge.  The sun is beginning to set and all seems still in my world. Here are a few pics of my evening walk.










     Every beach is different.  This is the only place where I've seen the star-fish wash up on shore like this.  The beach was covered in the A.M.  A million stars danced on my beach just for me. 












     Here I am without a care and so happy to be in the bright light where I can see.  So I see inside of me.  Here I am sweet Lord...hold my hand because tomorrow is unsettled.  Today though, you are here with me... let me dream.







     Headed over to the Boone Hall Plantation. This is an amazing story and hey do these trees look familiar?  Can anyone say..."Forest Gump?" They are really a site to see.  A very peaceful area.



     Do y'all recognize this?  This was Alley's home in "The Notebook".  We participated in a home tour.  I wasn't able to get pics of inside the house but it was beautiful.  The whole top floor is off limits as the owners use it as a private dwelling a few times a yr.








     These are the slave dwellings.  Interestingly enough the guides tell the stories of these days in history.  These slaves were worth a lot of money and a very valuable asset to the plantation.  Most slaves were not beaten or mistreated and in fact were given the best medical care and food rations than  you could imagine.  They were even given freedom of worship and their children were raised within families.  It kind of brings some perspective to the whole "slave" thing eh?





Time to say goodbye  until next time.  Thank you Charleston.  There were so many other wonderful experiences here that I ran out of room to post.  Go yourself and find your own cool vibes down south. 


 Merry Christmas! 






No comments:

Post a Comment