Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

Flagstaff to Sedona

As my trip is winding down what better way to say goodbye to the west then Flagstaff and Sedona.  Two of the most coolest places ever.  I learned some pretty cool things about each area and it pays to actually see a place for yourself.

You would think since Flagstaff is so close on the map to the Phoenix area that it would have the same climate but no.  Flagstaff is a ski town that gets about 99 inches a yr of snow on average.  It sits at about an estimated 7,000 feet in altitude.  While I was there the high was only 82.   Waking up in the morning was a happy 48.  We drove up the mountain to check out the ponderosa pines and the alpine forest.  Just loved this area. 



Flagstaff has a wonderful square with all kinds of coffee shopes, organic reaturants and pubs. There seems to be a young vibe really strong for a town that entertains all kinda of atheletes like snow boarders and all snow sports.  It's so laid back everyone walks and chills in their hemp and flip flops. 



While walking around the square we noticed these three young people happily painting art. I loved that they were so happy to be painting. 

We stopped for lunch at the Weatherford Hotel built in 1897.  It is said that Wyatt Earp, famous writer Zane Grey and President Theodore Rosevelt have stayed here.   There was also a famous water color artist named Thomas Moran that visited this hotel frequently and became influential in convincing congress to perserve Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon as national parks. 



Yet, with all that notoriety my main concern was the grub.  This was seriously the best chicken salad sandwich I've ever had.  It had chicken, pesto, celery, roasted walnuts and alfalfa sprouts on warmed crossant bun.  Yummmmm!


I sure hate to leave Flagstaff, it felt so much like home.  So I am off to Sedona.  The more we drive, the more beautiful the view becomes. 




Sedona was a little like I thought it would be, kinda trendy and touristy but it's definately worth the visit because it is so unusual and absolutely beautiful.  


In town I met the sweetest kindred soul who took our aura pics.  Yes I'm a "yellow" personality type.  You know the type, they never wanna grow up.  Always in pursuit of happiness and always looking at the bright side of things. 


I did get the chance to hike Bell Rock and get a close as I could to an energy vortex.  It was the most amazing feeling I have to say and the view from the top wasn't so bad either. 


The view...



After the hike it was time to head back to Phoenix area.  I am so glad we saved these places for last.  This trip has really been amazing and such a blessing to be able to see so many wonderful places and meet so many cool people.  I will wrap it up in the next few days with post on the Phoenix area.  For now, this chic is headed to the Embassy for some R&R.  Love yall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment