Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Welcome to Carmel, CA

Good morning from Carmel, CA!
This morning I woke up to Carmel-by-the-Sea.  Starting off with breakfast in the square. 
Can I please just stay here forever?!?!



A nice little fire by my breakfast table in a town where the high is 67 degrees at the end of summer.  So if you visit this amazing little town be sure to bring a light jacket or scarf.


Time to walk it off.  Came to "The Pine Inn", which was just beautiful.  We met the sweetest woman that explained to us the history of the hotel.  It was actually moved by log and wagon to the place it is now in 1903.  This is a perfect place to stay on your visit.  


Walking through the square you see sculptures everywhere.  This one I thought was the sweetest.  Carmel is such a romantic place.  You just hve to see it to believe it. 


Carmel is loaded with a million art galleries and specialty shops from clock making to high end retail like Rolex.  It also sits extremely close to Pebble Beach so perfect for the ladies to shop while the men play golf, or vice versa if you like. 

These tiny little alley ways are full of art and magical pathways.  I couldn't help but think my sister Denise would absolutely love this town! 


I threw this pic in because it really shows the diversity here and it's uniqueness.  You rent a miniature room to stay in or a historical high end hotel.  No matter where you stay in Carmel your good. 


I had to see the Mission at Carmel.  I have been studying the Essene tradition and this particular mission is part of that.  Such rich beautiful history.  If you visit, it's worth a look see.  Ps. It is also a catholic school so you can view the grounds while the students are in class.  What an awesome school to go to!


Interesting fact:  this mission has been personally visited and blessed by the Pope.



I may not be catholic but I am very Jesus and very Essene.  I lit these bottom three candles for my babies and loved ones. Always say your prayers every chance you get, they move energy. 



My most favorite pic of all! 



Now I wish I could continue the west coast road trip and show you my favorite places in the San Fran area but time is running out.  There's so much more (San Fran, Little Italy, China Town, Point Reyes National Seashore, Nappa and Redding), that will have to wait until another trip.  We are heading back to Phoenix to catch our flight by the end of the week.  Stay tuned though because I promise to blog Las Vegas, The Grand Canyon, and Sedona.  The perfect end to our road madness.  Love y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment