Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Riverfest in Canton, Georgia

Hello everyone!
This year , this weekend, was the Hamilton County Fair and I opted out to check out Riverfest in Canton, Georgia.  This festival has been going on since the 80's.  All proceeds go to help the needy children in the area so it was a win/win to try something different this year.  

This was the prettiest fall festival I think I've ever seen.  Such pretty mums and tons of pumpkins on every corner.  You really get the full essense of "autumn". 

For all you out there that just love clowns, here ya go.  Probably the biggest kiddie area I've seen as well.  Everything from pony rides, train rides to balloons and clowns. 

Another thing that was pretty cool was the many props placed throughout the fair for photo taking.  Like a gazillion. 

This was the cutest ever.  A hat turned into a scarecrow face.  Hmmm, I bet I can make one! 

There is my little about to munch down on some deep fried oreo cookies.  She ate all but one which I helped her with.... :). Yummy!

Everyone was in good spirits despite the cloudy day and low temps.  So nice to see local art and get some ideas for my DIY section.  

This was kinda cool.  It's acrylic etching.  With all things acrylic in the preppy world from desk accessories to kitchen trays, this looked very eye catching.  Again...I so love anything that's shiny! 

I particularly like this one. 

There is little doing some Christmas shopping.      A lot of people don't know this about Juliet but she loves to collect miniature glass figurines.  Really, anything super tiny.  So she really liked this booth. 

Now, these might look a bit gaudy but they are a perfect gift for our older generations.  You would have to see in person but there was a lot of origami involved and these angels are made with old church hymnals.  I guess the hymnals are near and dear to my heart coming from the southern baptist tradition before there were digital screens and services on iPads.  

I see these at different places and I'm always amazed at how tiny and beautiful they are.  Also, how expensive! 


Tons of shows to watch with the locals.  You can't tell but these two little boys were trying to do the hula dance with the girls on stage.  Just too cute!  I liked this because I remember somewhere around the 2nd grade we did a hula dance at school.  I loved it because I got to make my own grass skirt. Ah, the memories! 

Way cool pic eh?  This is Little standing behind a piece of art.  Her uncle Greg said we should make her wear pants like these till she's 50.  I agree! Lol. 


So that wraps up our trip down the road to Canton, Georgia.  Just a lovely day!  Topping it off having some bar-b-qu!  See y'all on the next one! 







No comments:

Post a Comment