Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

Headed to the desert.

Good evening everyone.
Today was very long and I really felt my Saturn/Mars conjunction as I am on pins and needles waiting to leave for my Arizona vacation.  So, in the name of fun and impatience I thought I would share some desert related topics to keep the momentum going.

My husbands favorite band is the Doors.  Though I am a fan of one or two songs, I'm not dedicated enough to buy a plane ticket just to see where Jim Morrison was laid to rest.  I do however share the same love he had for the desert.  I ran across this blog that was just perfect for any Jim Morrison fan.

Looks like I am not the only person who thinks the desert is a cool vibe.  Here's a list of desert festivals across the world, who knew...

Of course I had to put a fashion piece on the list for "fashions in the desert".

I have been looking for a playlist to take with in case we end up driving on over to Cali.  I actually liked a lot of songs on this play list but what...no doors?!?!

I guess we have evolved and conquered the desert as entertainment.  Check out these fun things people are doing in the desert.

The "Burning Man" is near and dear to my heart given my brother -in-laws love it so much.  I have never been and I don't think this Tennessee girl would fit in anyway.  Check out this list though, guess they take this event pretty seriously!

20 things you didn't know about the desert.  I dig it...

I always like to check out the art of an area or subject.  Maybe a little as homage to my artist brother or maybe just so I can see something differently than ever before.  Here is a list of desert artist.

I have 4 more days until I hop on that big bird in the sky landing me in Phoenix, AZ.  Stay tuned as I blog about my trip and hopefully uncover the meaning of 3 back to back dreams I had about the desert area.  Until then, I leave you with this.... the master desert dweller....The Doors!  


No comments:

Post a Comment